Backseat to Justice
Blindogg Productions is accepting submissions for various featured extras and day player character roles in the upcoming Film Noir project “Backseat to Justice”. Filming will take place in Flagler Beach, St. Augustine, New Smyrna Beach and surrounding areas. Production is seeking people local to the Flagler Beach area.
This feature film takes place in 1948 - appearances and wardrobe are key. Please keep this in mind when submitting for a role.
NOTE: This is a non-union production.
Local hire only, no travel or accommodations provided.
Filming tentatively set for Fall 2023 with four weeks of solid filming.
Production days will often be a 10+ hour commitment for each day on set
Deferred pay and will be based on project funding and the producers net profit, if any***
Reimbursement for travel and/or accommodations will not be covered
***Roles are deferred pay at $125/day and payable only upon completion and sale of the project, only after all vendors are paid in full, settlement of expenses, all investors are returned their original investment money, and before profits are distributed. Day rate and date of anticipated payment is dependent upon funding of the film.***
LIMITED SPEAKING ROLES/featured background:
• Louise Miller - CJ Miller's mother: female, 40s-50s, 40s equivalent of trailer trash. Unkempt, maybe a little pudgy, bad makeup. (1 day on set / 1 day rehearsal)
• Benny - Grifter/pickpocket, a bit cocky and arrogant, puts up a touch front, but caves easily, nephew of Ralph Donabedian: male, early-20s to mid-30s (2 days on set / 2 days rehearsal)
• Detective Ray Gallucci - male, early-40s to mid-50s (2 days on set / 2 days rehearsal)
• Elvis - Bouncer @ Tattoo Shop: male, early-20s to mid-50s (featured extra - no lines / 1 day on set / 1 day rehearsal)
• Joseph - Tattoo Artist @ Tattoo Shop: male, late-30s to mid-50s (featured extra - no lines / 1 day on set / 1 day rehearsal)
• Robert - Customer @ Tattoo Shop: male, early-30s to mid-50s (featured extra - no lines / 1 day on set / 1 day rehearsal)
• EMT 1: male, early-20s to mid-50s (featured extra - no lines / 1 day on set / 1 day rehearsal)
• EMT 2: male, early-20s to mid-50s (featured extra - no lines / 1 day on set / 1 day rehearsal)
• Satan - Pit Bull @ Reb's: dog, set-friendly (no lines / 1 day on set)
• Wendall Garvey - Opening act, intense scene, creepy, pedophile: male, 30s-50s (action - no lines / 1 day on set / 1 day rehearsal)
• Background Extras: male/female, all ages, any ethnicity
I hereby authorize BLINDOGG PRODUCTIONS, LLC to photograph, videotape, film and record (on film, tape, or any other medium) MY performance, photoshoot, and audition(s) for the PRODUCTION; to edit the same at its discretion and to include it with the performances of others and with sound effects, special effects, digital effects and music; to incorporate the same into the promotional trailers, posters or other materials or programs related to the production of the PRODUCTION; to use and to license others to use such records and photographs in any manner or media whatsoever, including without limitation unrestricted use for purposes of publicity, advertising and sales promotion; and to use my name, likeness, voice, biography or other information concerning me in connection with the production of the PRODUCTION and for any other purpose associated with the production of PRODUCTION.
I hereby give BLINDOGG PRODUCTIONS, LLC the absolute and irrevocable right and permission to use MY name and to use, reproduce, edit, exhibit, project, display, copyright, publish and/or resell photography images and/or moving pictures and/or videotaped images of MYSELF and any such finished products. I hereby waive any right that I may have to inspect and/or approve the finished product or products. I hereby release, discharge and agree to save BLINDOGG PRODUCTIONS, LLC from any liability by virtue of any blurring, distortion, alteration, optical illusion or use in composite form whether intentional or otherwise that may occur or be produced in the making, processing, duplication, projecting or displaying of said picture or images, and from liability for violation of any personal or proprietary right that I may have in conjunction with said pictures or images and with the use thereof.
I understand that there shall be no payment for this release. I understand that no royalty, fee, or other compensation shall become payable to me by reason of such use unless a separate agreement has been secured. .
This Agreement constitutes the Non-Disclosure Agreement by and between the Recipient and the Production Company.
1. All information disclosed by BLINDOGG PRODUCTIONS, LLC and/or those individuals or organizations working in collaboration with BLINDOGG PRODUCTIONS, LLC, written, electronic or oral, that relates or refers directly or indirectly, to the Production including the script itself, shall hereafter and forever be deemed confidential and shall constitute Confidential Information.
2. The Confidential Information shall remain the property of the BLINDOGG PRODUCTIONS, LLC and shall not be disclosed or revealed to anyone except to BLINDOGG PRODUCTIONS, LLC, its agents, licensees, successors and assigns. The undersigned shall be responsible for any improper disclosure of Confidential Information.
3. This agreement in no way guarantees, or suggests, that the undersigned will be employed, or compensated for time or expenses as it pertains to the development and evaluation of the Production. Should BLINDOGG PRODUCTIONS, LLC resolve to employ the above noted, other contractual instruments may be applied.
4. If any provision of this agreement shall be held to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, the remaining provisions shall continue to be valid and enforceable.